A week or so ago I read someone’s blog about their dog and an allergic reaction he had to chewing on a chunk of walnut. Well…unfortunately for my Buddy the same thing happened to him. I was turning a bowl late Friday night and Buddy kept trying to get me to play ball with him. He kept rolling it onto my feet (where all the shavings were) and I would kick it out onto the drive. Buddy always chews the ball while he’s bringing it back to you and every time he’d put it down it would collect shavings.
Buddy woke up the next morning with his back legs partially paralyzed, ears and skin were very very red and his breathing was very erratic. I scooped him up and took him to the vet and he was given a shot for an allergic reaction. It took until late Saturday night before he could get up and walk again and by Sunday he was back to normal.
Walnut sure is beautiful but who knew it was that dangerous to animals.
Just thought I would let you all know.
-- Steffen - Kirkland, WA