I used a chisel to knock off most of the glue squeeze out. Then I used 80-grit sandpaper on the orbital sander to smooth out the joints on both sides. Nothing makes your arms tingle like using that sander for a good 15 – 20 minutes!
Squared up the sides on the table saw and trimmed the corners round with the jig saw. I used the jig saw to cut up to the lines and used the orbital sander for the final trim. Last, a little hand sanding to get the corners right. (The boy got into some of my sockets so they’re all over the floor.)
I took the router table outside and put a nice bead all around the board. I clamped a piece of scrap to the table top to work as a starting pin. I hold the work piece against the corner of the scrap and tilt it into the cutter.
A little more hand sanding with 80 grit paper to knock off some rough stuff and relieve the corners. If I do say so, myself, it’s a good looking top.
So, that was another two hours spent, but I was playing with the boy and my cousin stopped by to hang out for a while. So, to be fair, I’d say 1 total hour of work invested, last night.
I knocked this little dolly together a while back for something or another. Anyway, it’s become an invaluable piece of equipment in my dinky shop because I had to move the book case carcass out of my way about 20 times, last night.
Thanks for having a look!
-- It's all in a day's work...