Need Hand Saw Hardware

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Don posted 01-09-2012 05:04 PM 2471 reads 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch

I am cleaning up some old hand saws and have one that is missing the Name plate or medallion screw, what ever it is called? Where would I find a replacement screw?

-- Spader, Grapevine.

4 comments so far

View Bertha's profile


13529 posts in 2717 days

#1 posted 01-09-2012 05:11 PM

I think BadAxe sells them.

-- My dad and I built a 65 chev pick up.I killed trannys in that thing for some reason-Hog

View AgentTwitch's profile


631 posts in 3520 days

#2 posted 01-09-2012 05:32 PM

Lie-Nielsen sells split-nuts if that is what you are looking for.

-- Regards, Norm

View canadianchips's profile


2602 posts in 3021 days

#3 posted 01-09-2012 09:04 PM

You might look at yard sales and flea markets for old beat up saws that have a lot of teeth missing. Salvage the bolts and you might be able to use the steel for making card scrapers.

-- "My mission in life - make everyone smile !"

View Don W's profile

Don W

18754 posts in 2591 days

#4 posted 01-09-2012 11:22 PM

some resources that may help

-- - Collecting is an investment in the past, and the future.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics