Quick update on the whereabouts of my homemade bandsaw.
Glueing-up the bottom wheel support:
Close-up of the top wheel support opening for the wheel orientation and blade tensioning mechanisms:
And the two wheels in place:
When hand-turning it to align the wheels I realized that my blade is warped in a spot, which makes it jump out of the wheels. Oh, well, anyway, I will recut and resolder an older blade from my shop bandsaw next time i go to the parents’.
I also received four pancake servomotors as the one I used on my homemade pen lathe, of the whisper-quiet kind, and they already have the pulley for the size of timing belts I use for these homemade powertools. So this will be very handy when installing the motor on the bandsaw!
I will still have to round the angles and add the front cover over the wheels, paint it, try it out, and cut pen blanks and bent lamination strips with it!
-- Thomas - Pondering the inclusion of woodworking into physics and chemistry classes...