First let me apologize for not posting yesterday. I had a few thing come up & couldn’t get around to posting. Anyway here is the final post of this series before I post It as a completed project. I finished putting on the last coat of side two, with some added decorative glitter. It turned out pretty good.
The last coat of epoxy on side two.
I sanded side one again to remove some of the epoxy that seams to always run underneath after you pour. I used 400 grit to smooth all of the edges and the surface area that needed the most attention. When I was satisfied with the sanding I drilled a hole so there would be a place to run some string to hang it with. I used some glass beads & braided fishing line on both sides so it would match. I made a holding jig to hold it vertical for when I poured the final flood coat over the whole butterfly it could run down into a drip pan.
Here it is hanging in the jig with the epoxy dripping into the drip pan.
The epoxy will cure to an even coat on both sides this way.
Remember to keep wiping off the drips as it cures or you will have dried drips in your final project.
We guys, I hope you have all enjoyed my first blog series & I hope that I have been helpful to you with this technique in uncharted territory. At least I’ve never seen it done before. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I will be happy to answer any you may have. This has been fun for me & a learning process as well. For all of you that want to know how my secondary experiment went with the white & purple acrylic paint/epoxy mix. It took about a day and a half to cure to what I would say to be a toolable surface.
Thank you for following me with this adventure, I’ll post the finished project tomorrow when It has cured fully. Have a great night (great day for some of you).
-- Don't waste today, it is yesterdays tomorrow!~SisQMark