Late for a party so I have to be quick
This was my set-up last night to fill the voids. It’s midnight black sanded grout.
This is how I left it to dry last night.
Close-up… didn’t work too well. I seem to have a habit of doing things wrong before reading up on how to properly do it. I should have and will use just cement and water to fill in these little buggers. Maybe some color too.
While grouting, I attempted to fix my problem area. When I attempted to remove the wood blocks, the grout stuck to the wood and broke free from the concrete. I did it again using wax paper. Don’t know if it’ll work yet. Again, I may have to read on the proper way to fix this.
Orbital sander worked great on dry concrete. Very dusty and went thru pads quick. You can shape rads just like you would in wood. Next time, I am not going to wast time caulking the corners. I am a terrible caulker and it’s too easy to put them in with sand paper. On the right, I wet-sanded. This didn’t work well. I kept getting a course slurry that was defeating the purpose of using fine grits. I see the need for a wet stone polisher.
Close-up after sanding.
I’ve got to run. I have a lot more to say but no time.