The roof was on, time to get the “workshop to be” closed up to keep the rain and wind out.
Easier sad than done though, because we were still aiming on a authentic look. There used to be a door on the road side, not very practical, because this street is so narrow and safety reasons were also to take in consideration. First job was to fill that gab on the street side. We’ve decided to convert it in to a window, using old beams from the ruin itself.
At the same time we had to lead the drain from the gutters thru the inside and than out the wall again. Because of the narrow road it would have been to big to put it along the outside wall.
To be able to work in the evenings to we decided to get some lights in before moving on to doors and windows.
Before we could decide on how to go forward, we got some unexpected helping hands from family members. That our house happens to be a nice place to spend your holidays could have something to do with it.
The last bigger job was making the carport, so we did.
What we didn’t know at the time was, that a few months later a hurricane would pass our village and would lift up that whole carport including it’s concrete pillars and the rocks where it was mounted on.
Luckily we could repair everything and did not have to buy new materials for it. This time we put some steel brackets inside the concrete all the way down in to the ground.
Next time; Doors and windows of a different kind
-- Não só Serradura, Tomar, Portugal http://notjustsawdust.blogspot.pt/