Progress on the island has been slow due to a very busy work schedule. My wife and I worked on it this weekend. We installed the oak face trim and a 2×3 sub-base frame that will give the cabinet additional support on the bottom. Into that we installed the turned legs and began to install the 2” base skirt/trim that hides the sub-base frame. You can see the front piece of trim installed in the photo.
We cut all the rails and stiles for the raised panel doors, only to realize we forgot to include extra material on the rails for the coped tenon that goes into the stiles. We’ve never worked with rail and stile bits before so this will take some trial and error. We’ve also decided to go with European Blum hinges instead of the regular inset door hinges we originally planned. The extra easy adjustment of the Blums will make it easier to fine tune the gaps on the inset doors.
Putting the unit upright on it’s 4 legs we were pleased that everything is dead level and no uneven legs.
Next step is to finish the base skirt trim and then start work on the raised panel doors.
-- Jim in Langley BC Canada --- www.sollows.ca