Developed the method of attaching the template to the base. Simple 1/4” dowels in holes in base and template.
Using the tools on stands, I turned the finials. I did use my other lathe to rough out the blanks to round, cut a tenon for the chuck, rough in the square shoulders using a parting tool, and rough out some of the waste with a roughing gouge. I did use the tailstock for safety when turning using the duplicator.
I sanded the finials to 220 grit and trimmed off the top of the finial using a parting tool.
Using a parting tool, I formed a dowel on the bottom of the finals and then used the parting tool to trim off the lathe. Here are the four finals ready for finishing.
Thank you for your comments.
-- The more skilled you are at something, the worse you are at it when someone is watching.