I got it done. The only thing I might do is paint the additional parts on the motor cover battleship gray. The scale was made with a clear self-adhesive shipping label. I got out my tachometer and made a test run and marked the speeds on the la...
|View Sawdustonmyshoulder's:||home||workshop||projects (20)||blog (34)||reviews (2)||forum topics (4)||buddies (5)||favorites (110)||activity log|
287 posts in 2416 days
Location: Tupelo Mississippi
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 20 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 34 »
The control box is done and mounted. I found a few things out the hard way. One was you don’t ground the motor controller. Man, the flash and the smoke! Well, that was a motor controller down the drain. Luckily, I had a spare. Upon a little ...
After mounting the motor and installing a temporary belt, I plugged in the controls and tested the lathe. It runs very well and smooth. I think it will run even smoother with a segmented v-belt. I’ll run to the auto part store tomorrow after...
Today was a good day. Received the indexing pulley from Fred Borden in the mail. Thanks, Fred. Installed it on the lathe and it works great. May need to be turned and trued up a bit. It must have had a hard life. No problem to do it. A friend n...
After a battle with a head and chest cold and a woodworkers club meeting, I’m back working on the lathe. I found that at least someone is reading this blog. I heard from one of our Lumberjocks, Fred Borden, over the weekend. He has bought...