Today I installed all of my dust collection ducts. As I mentioned in the previous blog, I was going to do PVC ducts, but with all of the talk of static explosions, I went with metal ducts from Lowes. It was about a 7 hours overall between laying it our on the floor first and then putting it in the framing. The ducts will be covered in drywall soon, so I made sure it was all together nicely. I ran all of these ducts 6” and I will reduce to 4” below the ceiling for the machines with 4” ports. I taped the ducts together using aluminium tape (I think thats what it is). I read a few times on here not to use duct tape, so I didn’t. As for a dust collector, my dad and I decided on getting a Grizzly 4hp dust collector (G0671 4 HP Dust Collector). Once he ordered it, the electrician doing the shop (he’s actually our neighbour) asked how many amps it used because he was installing a 50amp panel. I checked the online user manuel or the DC and it turned that it was a 32 amp machine! So my dad put the order on hold until we figured out how we were going to power it. We told the electrician the amp rating and he said he would be able to give us a 90-100 amp panel by drawing from the house. Which would allow us to run the collector, various pumps, and machines at the same time. So my dad is going to release the order on the dust collector and get it shipping.
Thanks for taking a look,