The past couple of days I have been working hard to make progress on the helicopter. In the past two days I have make the anti-tourque peddles, more details in the interior, and finished the the rotor blades along with attatching them to the rotor head.
Here are the anti-tourque peddles,every part is walnut and the peddles were turned on the lathe:
In the interior I added the instrument panel, the cyclic control, a bunch of switches on the roof of the cockpit (which you can not see here). Also in the rear of the interior I added A/C units along with other minor details.
Today I made the rotors, which was a longer process then assumed. The diameter of the entire rotor assembly in 4’. The blades have Wenge on the bottom and Padauk and Maple on the top. The thickness of each blade is 1/8”, The also have an air-foil shape. it does not currently have a finish on it as I ran out of my spray-laquer. I am not sure how it will hold up with the weight of the rotors in the long run. My estimate is theat they will gradually sag down, but it is going in my Dad’s office so warranty work is not a issue.