Today was the big day; cutting out the basic shape of the helicopter. I did it like you would do those scroll saw or bandsaw reindeer (cutting out two perspectives to get a final shape in the middle). I have to admit that this morning before I started I was nervous because I had never cut anything so big on the bandsaw, and messing up would be costly. The blank for the body of the copter weighed 30lbs, and was difficult to manuver around the bandsaw, even when I was constantly lubricating the table. But, it all went great, although I wish I would have worn a dust mask because I don’t have dust collection and am still coughing from the dust. the next step will be cutting it in half and then temporarily glueing it back together to sand all the curves.