Now that the drywall is done and gone, I’ve been reorganizing my shop area. I’ve added shelves for finishing and a shelf handy for commonly used tools, screws, and rulers.
I also partly reconditioned some hand planes. A No7 I got several months ago and a No8. Both Stanley Bailey. The 7 I reconditioned about 80%. The frog area could use some work, but it’s making curls fine. The number 8 was a bit of a challenge. Someone tried to sharpen the blade, a Diamond blade no less, and put about a 5 degree angle in it. Took me an hour to get it straight and the frog on this one is damaged. The lever to pitch the blade is gone and the part it connected to is broken off. I’ll use it and see if it works.
I also made a shelf for my clamps and hand planes. The plane shelf pitches forward, you cant see it very well in the pic, it lays back just enough to keep the planes from falling out.
The rosewood backing is from an entertainment center from my folks house. Lots of very straight particle board.
Those are all Stanley, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 110.
The new miter saw DC system. It doesn’t interfere with the saw at all even with 45 degree cuts.
This chest just got a coat of Arm-R-Seal after four coats of Danish oil natural. Three days between coats.
I made this just to fool around with cedar fence material and see if anything could be made of it.
Came out nice. We plan to put this in our bed room and use it for blanket storage. My wife loves it.
-- A positive attitude will take you much further than positive thinking ever will.