I just started fooling around yesterday and this was the result. I painted it red before I went to Michaels and got some acrylic paint and some small brushes. I put this together then painted it. I wasn’t planning on doing much more than just making it, but one thing let to another. I do plan to make more of these, but I think I’ll paint that trim before I assemble it. I like to do all kinds of different one of a kind styles with these and none of them are official birdhouses, some may have a painted black hole for a doorway though. Birds get in to these and mess them all up. I’ve sold these for $45 about 25 years ago. I need to make up a batch of them.
The second Adirondack chair is almost completed. I changed the design to make it a little more elegant. Most of this was done with no plan except some general lengths from the last chair I did. The upper back brace was something I had to make on the fly when I got to that point in the assembly. There was just no way to calculate it before you could see it in place.
I made the finish to match the first chair in case I run into someone that wants them both.
-- Mom always said, "you can do anything you put your mind to." The older I get the more I realize she was right.