Went out today to pick up more 1×2x8 PT lumber to finish putting billets in-between the joists.
Got 3 done last night and finished them up today. For anyone wondering what a billet is . Its just a ledge made by screwing 1×2s into the the inside of the joist bays.
The ridgid insulation boards rest on these . Glued in place with construction adhesive.
Kind of hard to see. If you hit the control key and the (+) to zoom its easier to see the billets.
Kind of the first time I have worked with rigid foam insulation. Its not difficult to cut but it helps to have accurate cut lines for a good fit obviously. I used a small hand saw and probably should of used the saw horses and some kind of cutting guide . Some of my cuts weren’t 90 degrees and had to trim them to get them to fit.
Probably a little easier for thinner sheets and a table saw. I am working with the 2 inch sheets . R value of 13.
Anyway, a pain to put billets into every joist cavity. And a little bit of a PITA cutting and fitting the insulation.But in the end, it should be worth the extra work.
Here are photos of the billets.
I got every bay except one insulated before I ran out of construction adhesive and silicon sealant.
I will post pics tomorrow of the installed insulation.
Before I start to lay down the plywood floor I will demo out the end wall on the old shed and then proceed to framing out the addition.