Well, it has been a rough two weeks. Work and family have been keeping me from really important things like the shop. Ok, money has had a little to do with slowing my plans, but we are over that hump now. Over the past couple of weeks I did manage to get a couple of things done. Unfortunately nothing really picture worthy right now.
The first bit of progress was the ventilation grille for the equipment compartment. This grille covers the fresh air intake into the compartment with all of the electronics in it. I blogged the process if you are interested, go over and read about it. I also got the hole cut in the carcase for the grille to fit into.
This weekend I started by disassembling the carcase. Then I sanded the plywood with 150 grit paper to smooth things up a little more. Then I took the pieces and “painted” them with water to raise the grain. I am waiting overnight for them to dry and later today I will sand them with 220 grit and start applying the first coat of water based poly to the carcase .
So, progress is slow, but steady. Hopefully today I will at least be able to get the first coat of finish on. Just getting the finish on the carcase parts would satisfy me for this week.
-- -- Rob Hix, King George, VA