Not much to show for this weeks work as some problems slowed my down, but considering the work load at my real job, and the fact that it was Easter weekend, I am very pleased. Well, no need to keep you in suspense any longer…
Yes, that’s it. I guess it can officially be called a bunk bed. I almost did not get a picture. I was all the way against the wall in the shop with an 18mm lens on the camera, and it was still a stretch. You can see it with no problem though.
So, what is the actual work since last week?
(1) I plugged the mortises that I had made for the side rails.
(2) I also plugged the holes that I had drilled to countersink the bolts that would have held the side rails in the
(3) I routed out the mounting mortises for the side rail hardware that I decided to use.
(4) I cut the side rails to size and planed them down a little more to make the fit look right to me.
(5) I mounted the side rail hardware.
(6) I drilled holes in the tops of the posts for the top caps and to keep the top bed from sliding off of the
That is not a lot for a week for me, but as I said before, I am satisfied.
Hopefully this time next week, the safety rails will be complete along with the ladder and the mattress foundation. I guess it all depends on what the week holds at the job.
Enough of this for now. Another update next week.
-- -- Rob Hix, King George, VA