This has been another very productive week for me. The largest improvement this week is that I got the slats planed and fit into the hardboards and footboards. Here are some pictures:
—- A single headboard—-
—- A single footboard—-
—- A footboard on top of a headboard (the bunk bed setup)—-
I also go the decorative pieces of the headboards and footboards done. I do not have good pictures of them yet. Maybe this week I can get some decent pictures of that.
Up this week is getting the old side rail mortises and countersunk bolt holes fillled (since I decided to use hardware for the side rails). I also want to get the side rails attached and the plywood cut that will be used to support the mattresses. If all of that goes well, maybe I can also get into building the safety rails.
Everyone have a safe and productive week,
-- -- Rob Hix, King George, VA