Something must be hitting me to totally zap my productivity. For a second weekend in a row, the bed project has crept along. Needless to say, this weekend it was because of the playground project. All that eBaying sure take a lot of time.
One change came about this weekend. In the original renderings you will notice (if you go back and look) that the top rail on the beds is curved. Well, we changes out mind about that this weekend. In order to make things go with the rest of the bedroom a little better, the top of the top rail will be straight, and the bottom of the top rail will be curved. This cures a lot of questions I had about bending the maple cap to that top rail. It is going to make things a whole lot simpler.
I did get some work done. The end rails got cut to length and the first cut for the tennons was made. I also go the wood for the side rails jointed and planed. This is all that I got done.
I am so far behind where I wanted to be I am going to have a tough time catching up. I am going to try and see if I can this week. I am not going to work faster than normal (thus reducing my safety posture), I am just going to work a little more than normal. Maybe by the end of next weekend, I will be ready to go to the paint room.
Well, enough of this for tonight. I am going to bed. I hope everyone had a safe and productive weekend.
-- -- Rob Hix, King George, VA