Last weekend was a very productive, almost super-productive weekend.
This weekend, things were not as good. I did manage to get some work done, but not enough to really brag about. Saturday morning I got up and made the mortising jig for mortising the bed posts for the end rails and the side rail. Then I started to work on the posts. Saturday was a very off day, and I only got four mortises cut.
Today was a little better. I manged to finish cutting all of the mortises in the bed posts. I took a couple of pictures, but I figured that would be boring (that, and I am too lazy to deal with them tonight).
The posts still need the holes for the bolts that will hold the side rails in place in the posts. They also need to have the corners rounded over so that no one gets a good bang on the head on a good sharp corner. I still need to glue up the last four rails that I never finishes from last week. Hopefully I can get most of this done this week so that this weekend I can cut and fit the mortises on the end rails and maybe even get started on figuring out the bend to the top rails on the headboard and foot board.
Everyone have a good weekend (what’s left of it). Another progress report will hopefully happen next week.
-- -- Rob Hix, King George, VA