Well, I did not get much done this weekend. My wife had things to do on Saturday morning so I was on kid duty. The afternoon was a little better, but not totally. We had dinner quests Saturday night and a lot of the afternoon was spent getting ready.
Dinner was good, and company left. I called my dad and was talking when I noticed it. I was looking at the eight pieces of plywood that would be the sides of the bookshelves. All of the dados for the fixed shelves had been routed. I had even cut the rabbet on the back edges for the backs of the shelves to fit into. As I was sitting there staring at it I realized that something was wrong. Then I realized what it was. I was standing there looking at eight left sides. Not four right sides and four left sides as it should have been, but eight left sides. Needless to say I was really mad.
Sunday I talked with my customer and he was okay with patching the mistake and going on, but my dedication to quality got to me and I decided to buy a new piece of plywood. So, Sunday afternoon I decided that the shop could use a good cleaning and a little orgainzation. So, that is exactly what I did. With the shop clean I was ready to get started anew.
Today I went and got the new sheet of plywood. I had the supplier rip it for me, and as of tonight I am caught up to the point that I was at on Friday afternoon. I am ready to complete drilling all of the adjustable shelf holes. Man I am glad I did not get all of those holes drilled and then realize that the sides were wrong. Mad would not have described it.
Well, now that things are ok, progress can be made. I should be finished through the dry fit by the end of the fourth of July holiday.
Be safe and productive.
-- -- Rob Hix, King George, VA