Today I began assembly. Everything went really well. One small error I had to fix, Once the glue was dry, I noticed the little drawers were slightly proud of the side panel. This would prevent the door from closing. I just took out each drawer and sanded a bit off the face. They fit fine now.
I had to chisel out eight tiny hinge mortises. I’ve also never done those before. They turned out quite nice.
I only have to do a final fit on the doors and screw them into place then give the whole thing a light final sanding and a couple more coats of Boiled Linseed Oil.
-- "The difference between school and real life is that in real life the tests come first, and then the lessons" -- Robert Lang, 360 Woodworking