I’ve made a lot of progress on this project, but I’ve been so busy since the kids got out of school for the summer, that I haven’t had much computer time lately to update my blog.
Here I have the three piece legs glued up and I’m testing the fit of the tenons.
In this photo, I’ve finished the sanding all the parts, have the tenons glued into the legs, and have the panels installed. Now they are starting to look like planters.
One of the changes I made to the plan in the book is that I used some bead board plywood that I already had, rather than individual boards to make the side panels. I think this looks just as good, and it saved me some time and the cost of the wood.
Here, I have the lap joints for the top rim completed and I’m adding the trim to the side panels.
After I finish with the trim work, my next step will be adding the shelving on the inside of each box to support the potted plants.
-- "There seems to be a black hole in my garage that swallows up pencils and tape measures as soon as I put them down."