*Note, this post is image heavy. If you want to see all the pictures, click here see my woodworking blog.*
I had a simple goal today—get the drawer fronts all cut out and shaped.
I started on the drawer fronts today. First I made a template of the shape I wanted to cut out for a finger pull. I used 1/4” plywood I had laying around.
Then I clamped the template to my 3 1/2” poplar planks and traced the same cutout pattern. Using my drill press, I punched out the waste in the cutout.
Then it was off to the band saw and remove the rest of the waste. Then I clamped the template again to the plank and hooked the whole thing to the bench where I used my trim router and a flush-trim bit to get everything nice looking.
Finally, I moved to my router table and smoothed over all the edges, rounding everything to make it nice and gentle on my kids’ hands.
Now I’ve got four drawer fronts, rounded and smooth.
I had just enough time left today to pack up my tools and move the router table, band saw, and shop vac back into their homes so my wife could pull her car in the garage.
Tomorrow, I can put the drawers together!
-- Steve http://vaughtwoodworks.wordpress.com