Castle Bookcase #11: Gluing the Turrets

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by RaggedKerf posted 08-16-2013 10:45 PM 726 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 10: Modifying the Turrets Part 11 of Castle Bookcase series Part 12: Crenelations and Glue Up »

Today I finished the lower part of the turrets. The bottom pieces were glued up this morning.

Then when they were dry (enough) I attached them to the turrets:

Then I did a test fit a few hours later and here is what it looks like:

Looking good, so I moved on to glue up the corbels and main turret platform like so:

As everything dried I cut out two 9” diameter circles from the 1/2” plywood for the tops of the two turrets. More fun with the scrollsaw! These will eventually be lined with “crenellations made out of the 1/8” hardboard. To make the crenellations, I think I’m going to use the drill press and drill half-holes along the length of the board. The effect will be the same as square holes but it should take a LOT less time. And I doubt Kylie will care or notice the dofference.

But…hehe…that will take a drill press table. Luckily I came up with an idea for one that shouldn’t take too much time to make. That will be next….

In the meantime here’s a parting shot of the left turret with its top in dry fit mode. I am so excited with how this is turning out!

Time today: 2 hours.

Total time: 15 hours, 15 minutes.

-- Steve

0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics