|Blog series by RCT||updated 11-01-2012 12:58 AM||7 parts||15689 reads||24 comments total|
See http://lumberjocks.com/RCT/blog/31773 For the real first entry to this blog I cannot get it to move? She Spins on her own, set up for 220V. I needed to replace some wire to get her going.The switch box is over built but the switch is cheep and I could not believe that they used aluminum from the plug to the windings.
Here are some pics of the saw after days of hand wire brushing, power wire brushing, hand and power sanding, scotch bright cleaning and degreasing. With a shot of the base for a reminder of how bad it was. I have not gotten up the gusto to start working on the base yet. So far I have determined that the switch will need to be replaced and repositioned, the motor and arbor bearings amazingly seem in good shape no strange sounds or wobbles. The hand-wheel is just in bad shape this is how it loo...
Trying to decide a color scheme My girl said “where is the saw from?” I said “the USA” She said “and what color’s are those” Ah duh. So internal parts white with red stripes. Here are some pics of prep. Here are some shots that surprised me, the castings were not cleaned upthis is the kind of thing that we would have accused the Japaneses of doing. And then white parts stripes later
Here are some new picsThe body of the saw is coated with epoxy made for floors, blue to fit USA color scheme. making a bottom plate with a slice through the center for clean out. Angling the dust plate to the front of saw don’t want to cut another hole “week iron” I will be making the sawdust port go around under the motor cover.Using vinyl from old kitchen flooring to make a smooth path for the sawdust.And now the flag trunnion pics
Started feeling good about how this saw was coming together. Then I started working on the way to get the dust collection worked out. Not wanting to cut into the side or back of the cabinet do to the shape it was in. I thought I would use the dust clean-out door on the front. I cut up the dust collector I had built a few years ago as an experiment. After taking the measurements off of the saw I started cutting the PVC. This has taken way more time than I would have guessed. I guess the engine...
been a while had to rebuild my clothes dryer then there was Sandy but today got some things done. Installation of the dust collection port and hand wheels, pics below dust collection port Hand wheels Outside edges Coated with soft tool handle covering.
I forgot to post these pics of the motor after putting it back together and painting it. Oh and the Rip fence