Started last night, I remembered that I forgot (go figure) the glue in the garage last time I used it (in the summer) so I went to bring it into the house so that it can defrost overnight as I planned on using it today.
I got out of the house today and it felt so nice… kinda warm… 32 degrees (F, 0 degree C) didn’t even need gloves. amazing what a couple of weeks in 12F can do to you.
I was planning to have most of the long weekend dedicated for this project, but as things seem, this may not be the case anymore. I was contemplating whether to even start this, as I don’t want to have to leave it half made, but ended up starting it after all.
I made another view in Sketchup of the carcass parts, printed it out, and took it with me so that I can have a reference to work against, and a paper to note things on:
As it happen, I already altered the height of the parts by 3/8” making it slightly lower than originally planned.
my plywood source is leftovers from past projects, so I’m half improvising. the project I got the plywood from is an old project that was done with a circular saw- it’s quite amazing to see now how unstraight my cut lines used to be… made it quite hard to rip and cut the pieces on the TS this time around. but close enough is good enough for this project. I also don’t have a large enough piece for the back, and will have to make the back from 2 pieces one on top of the other:
all in all, it’s about half of what I expected to accomplish today, but it’s better than nothing.
I did get to use the triton router freehand, and although it has some things that could use refinement, it does perform very well, and since it’ll be perm. in the table, I think I’ll be ok.
you can also see the phenolic top in it’s planned position (albeit lower than it supposed to be)
-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.