I’ve had this project on the back burner (literally- it was standing in the back on the burner…) for a long time (just click on the “Previous blog entry” and you’ll see what I mean). and I think it’s due to the fact I have high expectations out of this project, that sometimes I feel are a bit over my capabilities and abilities at this day and age.
But… I finally got some courage, and cut the carcass down so I can pick up on this project, and move onward and forward with it.
So, in short, everything is still dry fit, and parts can be taken apart. I cut off the pieces that will make the doors (still in “1” piece). I cut the dadoes for the the bottom divider, and drawers supports, and the rabbets for the backs on the front (back of the doors) and the back (back of the box):
when I first cut the dovetails it was summertime, and now I think the dovetails absorbed some moisture, and got really tight, when I tried to take the dry-fit apart, the side of the box broke in half (it’s hard to see in the pic, but it’s there) I’ll fix that once I glue up the carcass/main box.
-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.