I applied Danish Oil to both the box and the neck/fretboard before I assembled the guitar, but after I glued a few loose corners of the paper wrapper. After finishing, I began assembly. I inserted the neck through the box. Next, I drilled holes...
|View PittsburghTim's:||home||workshop||projects (13)||blog (10)||reviews (2)||forum topics (15)||buddies (3)||favorites (0)||activity log|
214 posts in 1046 days
Love old cars, old toy trains, and the finer things in life. Wish I could afford more of them.
-- She asked me, "Who are you going to please with that?" I said, "Me."
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 13 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 10 »
To continue my venture into home made music, I used a rat tail file to make a recess at the end of the fretboard for the nut, which is, ironically, a bolt. The nut is not my term, but us the traditional name for the piece where the strings transi...
So, I planned on final assembly of the top to the legs last weekend. I wanted to use the figure 8 style connectors to allow for seasonal wood movement. I drove to the local Rockler store to find that they changed suppliers. These parts are now ...
I recently purchased a book called the Handmade Music Factory by Mike Orr. I had seen another book on the topic reviewed here several weeks ago and that stirred my interest. I haven’t played an instrument since I was forced to take several...
My friend did not want a high gloss finish, but a more natural looking finish that would still be durable. I decided on Arm-r-seal wipe=on oil-based finish as I have had good luck with it on other projects. I first applied a seal coat of she...