What!! 2 days later!!! Well maybe I want to finish before the Aztec calendar runs out so that I don’t have to switch to a new time keeping system in the middle of a cello build. What a billing disaster that would be! I joined the Spruce p...
|View PhiltheLuthier's:||home||workshop||projects (3)||blog (10)||reviews (0)||forum topics (0)||buddies (9)||favorites (18)||activity log|
56 posts in 1589 days
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 3 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 10 »
Hello again, only 19 days later! I must be on a roll, though not a whole lot has happened. Thank you for all the kind words, I am very glad that this series is being well enjoyed! Okay, so first up I cut some corners! Not to save time, but t...
Before the major work of today there was some minor repair to do. One of the joints between a C rib and lining was not up to snuff. Exhibit A: To fix this I soaked some paper towel in water and laid it on the offensive joint in order to ...
Yesterday I finished fixing my thickness sander. The ball bearings made a big difference, it did not over heat at all. If I had been thinking straight when I made the thing I would have made a much larger drum, in which case it could spin slower f...
After gluing the C ribs it’s time to glue the upper and lower ribs. The preparation process is pretty much the same as with the Cs except that there is a butt joint where the two ribs come together. This joint is crucial!! Not for strength, ...