I say that this is the finish, but at this point there is minor work to be done, but done enough!
Ill begin this with the electrical. I picked up the halogen recessed lighting and wired it up. I could easily cut through the wall since the side the shelf would cover up the holes. Luckily, I left enough space at the top of the bookcase to mount the light fixture. Originally i intended on putting the light in front of the bookcase, but there was a beam going across the front. The design challenge was where to put the switch. The left was going to be used by the stereo. I eventually decided to use the existing outlet for the switch. Not a bad idea since my drywall patch skills are not up to par just yet. I wanted a switch and an outlet. For $8 and a moment in darkness with a flashlight, I had the outlet I wanted.
Next up was the bookcase sides. The plywood was curved and it had to be hidden or straightened out. The 1.5” side provided the avenue for concealment. I pushed the bottoms wide enough to make it fit without much persuasion. Some brad nails through the bottom secured them . For added support, i attached the chair rail molding along the bottoms. I shimmed the sides with scrap wood and added screws to attach the sides to the drywall. They wont be going anywhere! The base trim and crown were added. All joints were caulked and all cabinets and doors were primed. Along the way, the initial color did not match as desired, so all surfaces ended up with about four coats of paint. This proved to be a problem with the doors, as they were quite accurate; the added paint was an added problem. Doors knobs will come later!
The free Armoire came with a sliding platfrom that i also used!
Here are the final pics! Thanks for reading!
Damages and fixes
-- Jerome, Marietta, GA