Well, I finally got around to calling about the cooler box after it was dropped in my driveway.
With some sense of relief, I learned that she just wanted the box “tightened up” so that it wouldn’t fall apart as it sits on her porch as a rustic planter. (Of course, soft weathered wood doesn’t just “tighten up” easily.) She also wanted some clear preservative applied and some hidden feet added to raise the box off the corners and possible standing water in the future.
So, believe it or not, I still spent four hours today on the above orders. Just imagine lots of Titebond exterior glue inserted into the rails and stile joints – nails, screws, glue blocks, clamps all over it.
It didn’t turn into much of a blog. But I thought I would give the update and delete it in a few days.
-- Paul, Texas