LumberJocks

Furniture Restoration #3: Are We Having Fun Yet?

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Paul posted 08-26-2007 01:30 AM 599 reads 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 2: "Before Pics" Part 3 of Furniture Restoration series Part 4: Bent Lamination of New Front Apron »

I built up some 2×12 material to make the blocks for the forms.

I removed the webbing and springs. All four corner blocks came off easily

One end of the front apron came out easily. The other took a little “coaxing” and the apron broke again in the process. There’s no way it not would have broken again if I had tried to patch it and put it back together.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.comFree Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Here’s the front apron held together with spring clamps. It’s ready to transfer the outline to the form block. Then to the bandsaw.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

The side rails and back rails aren’t in any better shape.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.comFree Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

-- Paul, Texas



2 comments so far

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

18615 posts in 2847 days


#1 posted 08-26-2007 01:51 AM

you’re brave. I don’t think I could take it apart

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View Dorje's profile

Dorje

1763 posts in 2683 days


#2 posted 09-13-2007 05:26 AM

yeah – you got guts…to get into this process!

-- Dorje (pronounced "door-jay"), Seattle, WA

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase