1. A pair of neat bar clamps I found some time ago. I had not seen clamps like this before and haven’t since. Neat and unique cam action clamping. They work great!
2. Two slicks marked with my grandfather’s intitials – HG – my father married later in life and I never met my father’s father. It’s special to me to be the caretakers of these and other tools marked with his initials.
3. I used to have a collection of these rubber “unbreakable” tote planes made for the Norvell-Shapleigh Hardware company (St. Louis) for a very brief time circa 1917-19. Friends gave me this large size #8 example not knowing that I had sold my collection.
4. A neat wooden sash plane. This plane cuts the sashes for window panes. If I ever build a window from scratch, I’m ready.
5. A pair of tongue and groove planes given to me by a friend. Can you imagine being a carpenter’s apprentice. standing all day pushing these planes and making tongue and groove flooring?
-- Paul, Texas