I have finally spent the time to finish cutting all the pieces for the boxes except for the green bone for which I am still experimenting. But it seems to come along, so news soon on that matter.
Here is the picture of the top of the box, it shows in green what is left to cut once I am happy with the green.
I finished to cut the central part with the bird and the bone jasmine flowers
And the “staples” scrolls which links the central elements to the outside composition.
And as usual I can not resist to add some close up.
So next, final recipe on dying the bone green. I am using copper sulfate for the blue and tumeric for the yellow, the traditional arsenate for the Paris green being obviously out of the question.
Finishing to build the box, the frisage (parquetry) of the inside, french polish of the inside and glueingthe box.
-- Patrice lejeune