It has been a long time since I did any work on the wood for the workbench. It was Steelhead season after all and a man has to have priorities :0), I landed 3 in this, my first season.
Now that the season is over, I have been busy processing the wood. The legs and stretchers were planed using the Dewalt 733, which was very difficult due to the weight of the wood.
Today I hand planed down the last rough sawn side of the second beam that will be used for the bench top:
Here you can see a big divot at the end of the board:
Here is the same board about 2.5 hrs later:
When I finished that side about an hour later, 95% of the divot was gone, and since that side is an outside edge, I am not concerned about what was left.