I mounted the cabinets by making a ledger board with a 2×6, and a couple of 2×6s on each end. I blocked one end up until it was level, and then set the cabinets on top. I clamped, drilled and screwed both cabinets together. The 2×6 had to be supported in the middle also to get the cabinets to line up. I was surprised that it would bow that much.
I had seen a scissors jack one time that I always wanted to get. It props up a cabinet in place, and can raise and lower it into position. Until I get one for much less than retail, I’ll stick with making a ledger board.
I used 3” high strength screws (yellow with star pattern bit, forgot the brand) with yellow finish washers through the 3/4” ply nailers, top and bottom into each stud. I think I put one or two screws near the middle of the cabinets also.
Looking at the pictures, I should have taken more care to make the nailers the same size, but I used whatever I had around, and with the cabinets full and doors on, no one will ever know.
The cabinet on the left has two hangers made out of 2×4s for hanging garden tools – a “U” shape hanger for shorter tools hanging in the back, and an “I” shape that needs to be moved up higher, for longer tools in the front. I know it seems odd, but I’ll see how it works. The hangers sit on shelf pins also, so I can adjust them as needed. I made some shelves for the cabinet on the right from 3/4 ply with a 1/4” strip of maple glued and pinned to the front edge for banding.
I finished the carcass and installation, but the doors will have to wait until another project gets finished. Stay tuned.
-- More Ideas than Time.