Well, it’s been over three weeks since I put the finish on my box and contemplated putting on the hinges. Since then several things have happened. The weather was cold in Houston for a while and I moved the box inside the house for a while...
|View OutPutter's:||home||workshop||projects (16)||blog (8)||reviews (1)||forum topics (25)||buddies (0)||favorites (47)||activity log|
None so far
1199 posts in 3081 days
Location: Houston, TX
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 16 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 8 »
The box has been plugged, sanded and we took a Dremel to the punky wood. I think all the holes are ready to be finished and so we move on to the tung oil. I usually have help with this part from my wife and my youngest daughter. They love to se...
I blew out the hidden dovetail trench in the bottom of my bible box so I had to make a repiar. I picked a piece of the offcut from the sides or top, I forget which. The color matched pretty well I thought. Here are a few pictures of the repair ...
I decided that the next step after blowing out the bottom while routing the dovetail trenches was to glue up the bottom and trap the sides in the trenches. Even though the trenches were at different depths, all I had to do to get the side dovetai...
Catastrophe today at the WoodRat. I explained in the previous blog entry how I plan to use a sort of blind sliding dovetail to attach the sides of my boxes to the bottoms. The bottoms are first glued up from smaller boards since they need to b...