It was amazing I got the base mostly together and without extra parts. I have the rear trunon to assemble still due to the paint was not dry.
I used a large box as a paint booth and painted the two base half’s.
I got the base together. The rod that moved the table up and down to adjust the blade depth I left it in because I was concerned about getting the gear that is inside located in the correct place in relation to the screw that it moves. Once together you cannot see inside to make adjustments. It feels right and moves freely. When I first got the saw I could not tilt the table of move it up or down. It now moves great.
Here is a picture of the base and the jointer. I did not remove the tape from the jointer bed yet because I still have a little touchup to do.
The last parts left on the table saw are the two rails for the rip fence, the rip fence, table top, and polish the rest of the handles.
The underside of the table top is gross but not rusty. I will work on that tomorrow. My goal is to have it finished by Sunday. The Jointer needs to cutter head soaked to remove the rust.
By the way I learned about using White Vinegar to remove rust. If you let it soak overnight it really works well. It does not leave the metal shiny but it is clean with some mild scrubbing and a rinse in water. I then buff the part with a buffing wheel on my 5 inch grinder.
I have never used a tilt top table saw. My hope is that it will work well.
When I am finished with this the next project is to clean and organize the shop. It is a huge mess.
-- Peter, A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.