I had to move this from project to Blog. So those who have seen it well here it is again!
Any One Can Join!
I am giving one of these two slabs away! I am having so much fun with my slabber that I want to share the wealth. So I am going to make it a contest if it works out and hopefully get some advertisment.
These would build great desks I believe!
Here are he rules:
#1 – you have to pay for shipping to your place. I will crate it at no charge.
#2 – you have to email me with a picture of some of your work and tell me what you would build out of it and your address so I can work out the shipping. firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 – you would have to mention somewhere on the piece “Wood provided by OregonBurls.com” It can be on the bottom of the table or what ever you make.
My wife and I will look at your emails and we will choose a winner together.
Shipping is pretty reasonable. I shipped 750 lbs to NY for $350.00 or you can pick it up!
Now more about the pieces.
- the are Spalted Madrone slabs
- one of them is 60×53 x 3 the other is 60×26(serpenteen) x 3
- guessing the weight one about 250 lbs and the other 185 lbs
- the spalting in some small places are soft. I would say the size of an old dollar coin
- it is still damp but has been drying for 3 seasons but just cut them into slabs.
- Yes it is end grain
- it will take about one more year to dry I believe
- And yes you can sell it for as much as you would like an keep 100% of the revenue.
Well lets see if there is any interest and we will annouce the winner next week on the 6th of November
There were 2 Winners Jim and Chris Jim will be picking his up and I will be crating Chris’ up and sending it out. soon I will be doning this again so Stay Tuned
-- Greg, Southern Oregon, www.oregonburls.com What can I say but God Is Good!