Since the arm shape is complete and the side assemblies are laid out, I decided to start work on the tenons on the top of each leg that will protrude slightly from the top of the armrests. This was not in the plans that I had purchased, but really like that look and why not add more complexity to an already drawn out project! If I am going to take this much time to build the chair, might as well make it detailed.
I completed one on a leg that will be in the back to practice my technique. I really liked how it came out and the bottom of the chamfer will line up with the surface of the armrest. Of course I couldn’t resist putting a little oil on the top to get a real look at the grain and how the final piece will look!