Here I glue up the rough cut legs. They are made of 3 separate pieces laminated together to make one very strong, thick legs. The ones that have some slight variation color between the layers will be the back legs and strategically turned so they still look like solid legs. I then ran them through the planer to bring them down to their final dimensions.
After carefully laying out the placement of the mortises, I drill most of the material out with a 1/2” forstner bit. I then came back and laboriously chiseled out the remaining wood. This was my first set of mortises, so they progressively got better and more easy as I learned from the previous one. Overall none of them look that terrible, especially when viewed from a normal furniture viewing distance.
The bottoms of the legs all received a 1/8” chamfer to prevent chipping when moving the chair (even though this is not necessary since it will never touch the ground since this will have a glider base, but like the look anyway) with a low-angle block plane.