So after about a month of using my new dust collection system I found a couple of areas that had opportunities for improvement. I added the Dust-Rite 5-micron dust collection filter bag from Rockler.com (#20431) shorting after completing the ducting, taking a peek inside the bag’s window shows that it is collecting a lot of dust. Makes me think my decision to not port outside of the shop was a good decision.
The other issue I ran into was there was a lot of reduction in air flow due to the angle from the input of the Thein baffle and the vertical main duct. In order to eliminate this I moved the vertical main duct over one stud ~16” this allowed me to add a 45 degree elbow and get a lot better airflow. I think this also made the overall appearance look cleaner and allowed for more support at the blast gates.
Overall I am still happy with the system and happy every time I peek inside the 32gal Brute trash can at all the dust it is collecting. Much better than emptying every 3 gallons like I was before with the old system. Thanks for looking.
(Also, in the picture it appears the PVC line coming from the dust collector to the Thein baffle is at an angle, in reality it sits directly under)