So after about a month of using my new dust collection system I found a couple of areas that had opportunities for improvement. I added the Dust-Rite 5-micron dust collection filter bag from Rockler.com (#20431) shorting after completing the duct...
|View Notw's:||home||workshop||projects (21)||blog (6)||reviews (0)||forum topics (25)||buddies (4)||favorites (44)||activity log|
477 posts in 1258 days
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Drum Sander build #1: Done||01-12-2017 04:20 PM|
|replied on||Penn State Variable Speed Lathe motor running intermittantly||01-10-2017 03:28 PM|
|commented on||Workshop Planning #2: Planning a subpanel installation||01-05-2017 03:42 PM|
|commented on||Wooden tags for Christmas gifts||12-16-2016 03:48 PM|
|commented on||Carbide tip turning tools||12-16-2016 03:44 PM|
|commented on||Side Tables for Friends||12-14-2016 02:34 PM|
|commented on||TABLE SAW SLEDS||12-07-2016 08:37 PM|
|replied on||Dust Respirator suggestions||12-07-2016 08:34 PM|
|commented on||book cases||12-06-2016 03:27 PM|
|commented on||How I Do Hand Plane Rehabs #9: Putting it All Together||12-05-2016 06:52 PM|
|replied on||Help deciding on miter gauge||12-01-2016 07:53 PM|
|replied on||Help deciding on miter gauge||12-01-2016 06:04 PM|
|commented on||Multifunctional outfeed table.||12-01-2016 04:23 PM|
|commented on||Sanding block||12-01-2016 03:35 PM|
|commented on||Orbital Sander Stand/holster||12-01-2016 02:25 PM|
Latest Projects | view all 21 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 6 »
So at this point you may be thinking, 3 out of the 4 of your blast gates seem to be really high and not very easy to get to. But I did a little bit of thinking, in the wee hours of the morning while most people are wasting their time sleeping and...
I ran a straight section of 4” ducting over my table saw and dropped it down behind my garage door opener motor. I used two 45 degree fittings to make my 90 degree turn down. I would have liked to drop down further but I didn’t want my lowest po...
So now that I have my separator and my impellor and motor all figured out the next point of complication was ducting everything. This led me back to the internet; the internet is a scary place for dust collection ducting. In this case there is t...
The first thing that had to be done was transform the motor and impellor from open air suction to more of dust collection. Since I already had the box made with the motor mount it seemed logical to keep all of this and build from there. So it wa...