It’s been two months. Unfortunately, my six-year-old daughter had pneumonia most of June (was in the hospital for 4 nights). She recovered in time for the heat of July, so working in the garage was not pleasant. I did manage to convince my wife to let me toss/donate a bunch of unused stuff in the garage, and sweated my way through a full cleanup. Of course, that revealed a new list of projects that had to be completed before I let myself start any new ones:
-Strip and repaint to patio set
-Repair and repaint the old snow-blower I found at a yard sale – waiting for parts to rebuild the carburetor
-Replace our tired old ‘80s chandelier with another garage sale find (after repainting the “new” one)
-Cleanup, repair and repaint the ping-pong table (that sits where my workshop will be) to sell
-Refinish the beautiful “curbside find” dresser and mirror which currently sits where the table saw is going to live and belongs in our spare bedroom.
So far I’ve finished the patio set, bought paint for the dresser, and ordered parts for the snow-blower. Not a great start…
Meanwhile I have identified my first project: the lap desk at popularwoodworking.com (thanks to GregD for the link). I also cleaned up the table saw and put some WD-40 on the blade to protect it from the “evil rust spirit” while it sits unused. I haven’t yet begun making sawdust, but it’ll come soon.
-- I still have all my fingers...so far