O what a summer it has been! I bet you all know what I am talking about. As the school year winds down you look forward to a change of pace, some R&R and some time to really get things done…...Right!!!!...I forgot summer is busier than the school year. When the boys are in school your wife can’t come home and say, “Hey, I’m feeling good, lets go the lake for the next three days.” And then when you get back its a BBQ at Dads and a get together at the brother-in-laws. Whew…Now seriously, I am not complaining. Really, after the year my family just had, some awesome time together was just the ticket. But the projects at home still need doing:).
(But First, let me say, Theresa is doing much better. She is still on a lot of medication and probably will be for the rest of her life. Her energy level is about 1/2 what it used to but she is up and out in the summer weather. Its awesome. I am doing ok myself, the migraines and vertigo have been hitting me like a freight train lately. The VA stopped giving the Botox treatment until they could find another Dr so I was way past due and feeling it. Thankfully I saw the Dr on Thursday so it should get better. I still have abdominal issues they are working on and have a surgery lingering in the future but I am putting it off as long as I can.)
Now to the meat of the matter:).
After I finished the Clothes Line Light feed I moved into the Ag Well. Then got taken up in the summer stuff and just left my tools in the well house for a little while. Thankful it is a dry safe place. This is the Ag Well (old picture)
I forgot to take pictures of what it looked like before and then of the work I did up to this point. Basically, there was one 3/4 EMT that came nearly straight to an outlet box which then took the power to the well switch and so on. It was much to near the surface so I rerouted everything, upgraded the wiring, separated the wires that go to the outlet/heat lamp and well pump, and installed a light. I have had to do maintenance in the dark!
Eventually there will be a fire pit between the big barn and the house. I wanted to put a small post on the other side of the well to hold and outlet so we had power for music, food, what ever the wife wanted or the need required. I drilled through the block using the Dewalt Hammer Drill and ran the EMT all the way through. Then I sunk the post and hooked up the outlet.
After that was complete, it was on to the “New House Well.” (Old picture)
This well was a mess! It was and still is currently inactive, though the well itself is still good. It was put in many years ago when they used the old soft poly pipe. That stuff it a nightmare to maintain but easy to cut out:). Basically I pulled everything out but the pressure tank and copied everything I did over in the Ag Well set up minus the Post on the other side. Instead I had to add another leg that was going to eventually run out under the driveway to another driveway post light.
I was able to bring the lines through in a neat and orderly fashion while giving the well house much more space. (It is much smaller than the other two) I have finished everything but the light fixture. I am going to hold off placing the heat lamp until we actually plumb the well. (The one you see in the photos is the old one)
That is it currently. I am going to be putting on the light then that well will be done! Then I have about three more moderate steps and we can get the power company out here to transfer the power over! I will keep you posted. Don’t be surprised if it takes a bit, with the end of summer looming I see many camping trips coming:).
Thanks for reading and staying with me. You all are awesome!
More to Follow….
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate