Another update, Theresa is still in the hospital and I am still sitting here beside her. Last night was so long! Today I called my mother-in-law to come and sit with her while I laid down on the floor beside T so I could catch up on my sleep; otherwise I was headed for a terrible migraine. She is doing better this evening. She was able to eat some but needed a shot for nausea. She needs more IV antibiotics tomorrow and then she can switch to oral ones.
So, I mentioned that there are a total of 22 circuits that enter the house, 19 of which are controled 4 way switches. There is the 12 from the Barn/Glass Shop which control various lights outside, from lamp posts, all the lights that go on the side of the barn, and the “master” relay for the Barn Lights. There are 8 that go to the Woodshop, or rather travel through the Woodshop. They control the lights that go to the garden, as well as the lights that go around the Woodshop. There is one three way circuit that goes to lights that will be on the laundry line. There are actually a few more…but I will get to those later.
To get all the 10/3 wires under the concrete, I divided them between three different conduits. Mostly because it was easier to deal with them and should the terrible day occur that I have to get to them to splice or repair them! Getting all of the into the house was a different matter entirely. I am usually the first to say, ”Take it slow, do it right.” For some reason on this day I got bit with the “hurry up” bug and tried to shove all 20 plus of these runs through a 3in conduit sweep at one time without sorting them out. Obviously it did not work! On no level did it even look like a good idea. I have no idea what I was thinking!
After figuring out, “DuH! thats not gonna work!”, I came to my senses and went back to the basics. I laid out each line and taped them together.
Unfortunately I wrestled so long the “wrong” way with these wires that the sun decided it was done giving me enough of its time! He quickly started to go behind the mountains!
The next day, once I got every set wired together, I decided to wrestle the cable through the 3 inch sweep by myself! It took me two hours, even using electricians lube. I was so tired after getting it in. I went in and laid down on the floor in the living room and passed out!
I finally got it where I needed it!
The fun part is unwrapping all the electrical tape. Its a good thing that a log 10 rolls is about $4. I am pretty sure I used all 10 rolls too. (I know there are electricians out there just shaking there heads! :) )
Thanks for reading…
More to follow…
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate