First another Update- Let me say- Thank you to everyone for there kindness and support! You all are so awesome!!!
Yesterday and last night were so very long. They did find a bacteria in Theresa’s blood and moved her to the ICU on a code. Once she was stabilized they moved her back to the floor yesterday afternoon, hooked up to antibiotics and potassium. Then last night, they called a code again because the bacteria acted out, again! It is the worst feeling in the world to stand there and watch your partner deteriorate!!!! Good news they were able to stabilize her and then monitored her all night. This morning, they gave more antibiotics and more potassium and pain medication. It is a matter of the antibiotics winning the battle over the bacteria. The doctors say it takes a minimum of three days! Caffeine and the Grace of God, and blogging to you all is the only way I could do this!
My family and have come to visit and have left their “love in color!”
So I continued to add to the 4 way circuits.
The boxes on top of the switch boxes will hold the pilot lights for each circuit. Since they are in the barn, they have to have exterior switch covers on them, thus the extra box was needed for the pilot light. I could have put in a tiny LED in the corner, but I hate cramming things in if I do not have too. The pilot is important because each switch controls outside lights, and it will be way to easy to leave them on during the day without knowing it. The pilot light lets us know, hey, your wasting energy!
I actually had to make the trench just a bit bigger to fit all the circuits…of course that meant more digging!
The switches on the far left control all the lights in the barn, with the exception of the one on the far right of the line. That switch is a 4-way that goes to a relay, controlling the two circuits providing power to all the lights in the barn. That way, should one get to the house and realize the lights in the barn are on, all one needs to do is hit the “master” relay switch and all the lights in the barn go out!
Ok, I was getting way to confused…so I had to post my plans!!
With all the switch boxes mounted, I could run the 10/3 wire!
Don’t worry, I take out the trash!:)
As you can tell from the previous photo, the backhoe trench was quickly getting filled with wire. Once I finished running all the 10/3 wire, I put a layer of fine sand over it to protect it since the 14/2 was the next set to go on. I was able to use my fathers dump trailer to get the 10 tons of sand, but because of the trenches I could not dump it close. Therefore I had to use buckets to transfer the sand to the trench. It was a great work out. Again, it was all about balance, in more than one way!
I put about an 1 to 1.5 inches of sand on the 10/3 wires.
Thank you for tagging along…
Hang in there…More to follow…
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate