Update- My beautiful wife has been moved to the ICU! I cannot adequately describe the feeling that resided within me, watching hordes of nurses scramble around my soul mate while all I could do was answer a few questions. One minute she was ok, the next she wasn’t. I don’t know what else to say! I think I am going to go mad sitting here waiting to hear any news, replaying those terrible images in my head!
Another Update- I am sitting here in the ICU with her. She is hooked up to stuff, to which I am all familiar. Earlier, her fever spiked from 98 to 103 in less than three minutes, pushing her into shock. Once they controlled the fever they were able to stabilize her. The docs think an infection has set in inside her belly, which is, I think has been the cause of her headaches the last few days! I am so tired, but cannot sleep. Life is but a vapor! Its is not like she is dying, but it sure looked that way today!
She is getting Antibiotics and bags of fluid and meds…
All I can think to do to distract myself writing!
Being that every building is getting new power, and all three wells are getting a 50 Amp Panel, plus the “Pool Panel” is 50 Amps, and then there is the Flag Pole Lights, the Three Drive Way Lights, and then the various yard lights and 4 way switches that go between barn, shop and house….there is in summery allot of wire. I just needed more room for the wire coming into the house. So I widened the trench! I had to be careful, because about a foot under me was the new well line that feeds the house.
The dirt had to go somewhere!
So I had to dig it out, through it up, climb out, fill the bucket, carry the bucket across the trenches and dump it so it would be out of my way. It was allot of work, especially in the 90s of heat. I really had to watch what I was doing as those are days I can really cause my headaches to spike and my vision to fluctuate. So by pacing myself, I get through it!
With that done, I had to wait until I could get some sand to place on top of the large wires that fed the main panels so that I could then run the minor wires. I moved on to finishing the main driveway circuit. Since this 10/3 wire will feed both driveway lights and a driveway gate, both of which are not anywhere with in the near (6month) future, I set up a temporary end. I ran it up the rail road post and gave myself plenty of extra so when the time comes I could place it where I wanted for the lights and gate! (The lights will be on top of block pillars…hopefully!)
The trench in the background heading to the power pole will eventually contain our telecommunication lines. I still, to the current day, have to finish digging the trench…Yeah! More digging! But at least that trench doesn’t have to be more than 18in. In fact it cannot be, there is county fiberoptics under there.
With that done, It was time for sand! But that was quite a day indeed!
I took my family out to brunch, and on the way back out to the car my oldest says, “Um, Dad, look at your feet!”
As you can see I was wearing too different shoes from two different pairs. What can I say??? It was one of those days! Living with a brain injury can be comical. I had no idea I had put on two different shoes until then. I was rather embarrassed and humiliated. But then I realized you have to just laugh it off. I do stuff like this all the time, its part of the TBI. I can’t waste my time getting all twisted up, I wouldn’t get anywhere! I gotta learn to laugh at myself, and what better way to start then to post it at flickr and here:). But hey at least I got my socks the same!
Moving on! I got the 9 bags of fine play sand and covered this section of 4/0 and 1/0 cable.
Thankfully the trench to the barn was cut with a backhoe so I had plenty of room and I did not have to immediately have to lay sand! There are a total of 12 circuits that run from the Barn/Glass Shop back to the house. They are all 4-way circuits. All are on 10/3 wire with 14/2 wire accompanying them for the pilot light except for the one that powers the relay in control of the barn lights. That particular circuit only needs 4 amps so it only needed 14/3 with 14/2 accompaniment.
It looks crazy I know. I have been heckled for it quit a bit, just like I do for putting a “Sistine Chapel Floor” in my wood shop but I keep this quote from George Carlin strongly set in my mind! ”Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.” Most, if not all, of my friends here not only hear the music I am referring to, but tend to add a harmony to it that is all there own. But I feel I have to say it anyway, rest assured, hang in there, all of this will all come together to make sense in the end…I hope:)!
So anyway, just one run from switch box to the junction box in the house, is roughly 150 feet. I had to use 10/3 because some of the circuits extended over 300feet.
And yes, that is 4/0 aluminum you see coming out of the 100Amp box there. I had to use such large wire because that run was so long and the voltage drop was to great!
Now the 10/3 wire lay on top of the large conductors without worry of damage from compression when everything is filled in!
And snake around!
To get back to the house! I had to pass them under the same concrete walkway that the water was feed under!
Three down, 18-10/3 to go and 21-14/2 (I know I said 12 circuits go to the barn but I haven’t mentioned the others yet!:)
Thanks for reading!
As always…more and more to follow…
-- "With a little bit of faith, and some imagination, you can build anything!" Nate